Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific focus for the DevOps is on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle, including:
- Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical connected products
- Create scripts and templates to build development systems for our software engineers.
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle:
- Create self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage microservices.
- Automate provisioning and monitoring of a global deployment of microservices.
- Implement security policies according to industry best practices.
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design.
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Amazon Web Services certification highly desired
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment
- Application performance analysis and monitoring
- Knowledge of best-practice security and networking techniques for an Internet-facing system
- 8 or more years working in Dev/Cloud Ops, software development, and/or network management
- Two or more years’ experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments/Azure Environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Office timing: 11am to 8:30pm